The year ahead...
In 2015 parent members of GPER nominated and voted on questions they'd like to see answered through research. Below is the ranking of the results:
1. Is CASM (Dr. Aron's) treatment (combined antibiotic, moisturizer and moisturizer) more effective than standard topical treatment therapy for eczema in children?
2. Can topical probiotics ("good" bacteria) control staph and improve eczema?
3. What is the best topical probiotic treatment?
4. What is the best way to address itch in children with eczema?
5. What are the long term side effects of steroid use in young children?
6. What triggers eczema flares? What is the best way to avoid these triggers?
7. What is the best way to treat and manage Staph in children with eczema?
8. Can oral probiotic treatments be used to prevent and treat eczema?
9. What is the best treatment to allow children to grow out of their food allergy? I.e. Early low-dose peanut exposure?
10. What is the best way to define, diagnose, and prevent Topical Steroid Withdrawal?
11. What are the best psychological/mental health coping strategies for kids with eczema?
12. Does vitamin D deficiency play a role in eczema symptoms, and if so, what is the best way to treat it?